What is AC ADAPTER?
It is a power supply for electronic devices. Power adapters plug into a wall outlet and convert AC to a single dc voltage. Computers use multiple Dc voltages and the power adapter is the external part of the power supply for a laptop. The additional DC voltages are created by internal circuits.
If any devices does not have its own supply of power it likely has to use an Ac adapter in order to get power from the electricity mains of a building. An adapter is a type of power supply a device that provides power to another device and is used with cell phone charges or the power to another device or the power cords for gaming systems, for instance.
.Alternating current(AC) adapters are used to power or charge many common electronic devices, such as mobile phones, laptop computer or external hard drives. An AC adapter changes AC power from an electrical outlet device need to work.
. Another thing to consider is whether you want an AC laptop adapter or DC adapter is made to be plugged into any standard electrical outlet such as those in a home or office.
One of the drawbacks to an AC adapter is that they oftentimes can be difficult to replace. If the adapter from a laptop is misplaced, for instance,an adapter from another type of laptop generally cannot be used to replace it. To offset this difficulty some manufacture have develop universal adapters. They come with a switch so a person can chose the appropriate voltage as well as interchangeable tips so he can choose the correct one for his device.
How Ac ADAPTER works:-
An AC Adapter coverts the electric currents received by the electrical outlet into a typically lower alternating current that an electronic device can use.
Inside the AC adapter are two wire winding that wrap around a single iron core. The first of the windings receives the 120-volt alternating current delivered to the electrical outlet, and creates an electric field in the iron core. The second wire winding turns the newly created electric field into a smaller alternating electric current. The measures of the resulting alternating current is dependent upon the number of coils in the second wire winding in relation to the measure half of what it did when it entered the AC adaptor. Therefore, if there 100 coils on the first winding, the second winding will have only 50 coils.
Here are the basics so you can be informed in case you ever need to know.
- Know what the Acronym means. AC stands for alternating Current.
2. Get the gist: Essentially an AC adapter separates the power supply from the main body of your electric devices; it facilitates the operation of electronic circuits.
3. Break it down. In lay man’s the AC adapter is the thing that plugs into both your wall and your laptop so you can surf the net. It’s a type of power supply. They are often referred to as plug packs, plug-in adapters, and power adapters. By separating the power supply from the electric device, the power supply can be lighter and more compact.
4. Watch that plug. The wall plug side of the AC adapter tends to be large and can block other power points from being available. To can fix that problem easily:purchase a power strip and give yourself more room to plug in!
5. Be Mindful of Aging. As with any electronic device, these adapters don’t last forever. Be aware that your laptop, or other devices, not charging might not always be a problem with the battery. There are replacements Ac adaptors available even at discount prices so never fear